I went bicycle camping again last weekend, and it was a rousing success, even tho there were a few screwups.
I've got no pictures, it was fairly spur-or-the-moment, and I didn't think to take any.
In the mean time, and while the weather has been rainy, I needed a new indoor project, so I purchased a 3d printer kit. It was sold as an alunar, but it's a Prusa I3 clone. Was an early Father's Day gift from my kids. ;)
I had my neighbor over, and we had a six pack and built the printer. I was so excited, I only took one picture during the build process, but over the course of the weekend, all the bugs got sorted, and printing started.
So, as a first project, I have decided to build a CNC machine. I'm going to follow the MPCNC guide, and see what happens.
First prints. They ran overnight, and I discovered that I had some print issues. My spool wasn't properly mounted, and so would cause the occasional tension which appeared as waves in the print. Still accurate enough for my needs, but I printed a bearing supported spool holder and the issue has cleared up.
Don't mind the arduinos and LiIon cells in the background, that's other projects I'm working on that I haven't shared yet.
Post a Comment